With the official start of summer just one day away, I thought this would be a good time to make some plans for the next 3 months. I love summer. After a long, cold, dreary winter, it's so nice to be able to spend more time outdoors. It's also my busiest time of the year with pet sitting. I learned a few years ago that if I don't make goals, summer will be over before I know it and I'll be left wondering why I didn't spend more time doing something other than working. Last week I wrote a bucket list for Steve and I. Things we've mentioned doing that we haven't but keep saying we will. This reminded me of the summer time bucket list with my dogs I blogged about last year.
in 2016, I came up with nine things I wanted to do with my girls. We checked five of those off our list. Which isn't bad, but could have been better. So I'm going to take another stab and write a new bucket list for this summer. Here goes...
- Take them for a walk in a new neighborhood. Let them lead the way and go where ever their noses take us
- Hike Mt Nittany
- Explore a pond new to us and go swimming. There are so many ponds in our area, yet we've never swim in them
- Have dinner at Home D during a Pooches on the Patio night
- Attend an event hosted by Bone Bar & Boutique - Bellefonte's newest pet store
- Set up a doggy playdate - both Izzy and Kita have some dog friends they get along well with, but haven't seen in a while
We'll do some of our usual activities as well, like attend a State College Spikes Bark in the Park game, wade in Spring Creek at Spring Creek park, have doggy ice cream during Wiscoy's friday night ice cream social in August, and get an ice cream cone from Dairy Queen. Izzy's birthday is in July, so we'll also plan on doing something fun to make her day extra special.
What plans do you have with your dogs this summer?